Welcome to the Never Forgotten Honor Flight web site!
The Never Forgotten Honor Flight is a Not For Profit Organization of dedicated Volunteers providing Veterans with closure, gratitude & respect, by flying them to Washington D.C. to visit their memorials. Priority is given to senior veterans – World War II era, followed by Korea era & lastly Vietnam era. Each era will fly on a first come first served by the date of their application. This trip is absolutely free for the veterans!
We launch four flights each year in April, May, Sept & Oct (when weather is the nicest) to Washington D.C.. We are currently flying WWII, Korean & Vietnam eras’ veterans.
We are an affiliate of the Honor Flight Network, a group which began operations in 2005.
- THIS IS HONOR FLIGHT (SHORT VIDEO)
- John Keel’s Poem “Thank You”
- “I Am a Veteran” by Kay Johnson (Korea Veteran, Mission 13)
- “A Corpsman” by Floyd “Doc” Moore (“C” Co., 1st Recon Batt., 1st Marine Div. 1968-70)
- John Verschueren, from The Netherlands “thank you” letter to WWII veterans that gave him freedom!
- “Welcome Heroes” a poem by Richard A. “Dick” Boyce, CMDR USN Retired
- “DDay + 72” Richard “Dickie” Gonsoulin 18th Aviation Company Vietnam 1963-64
- Cole Valley Christian School – 9th Grade Class Trip to Washington DC with 103 WWII era veterans on Mission #1 April 27, 2010 View video
- A beautiful Tribute to NFHF’s 11th Mission, by Steve/Evan Brummond!!
- A Dave Junion composite Flight Video to the music of Ray Charles!! View Video
- Jim Homan’s (Colonel USMC Retired) poem: Vietnam Was My War
- Beth Humphrey’s Poem “Little Old Me“, written the night she returned from Mission 21 with her father, Korea Veteran Harold Fox
- Virginia Snyder’s Poem “The Wall of Tears”
- “Conversion” a Poem by Frances Angermayer of Kansas City, Missouri written in 1943. (Video)
Did you know that all cards & letters sent to the NFHF are posted on our web site under “past flights” (under the last flight flown nearest the date of the correspondence). Posted (under flight #30) a letter from 12 year old Sydney Crawford of Aniwa, who enclosed a donation from the award he received for winning the local VFW’s Patriot Pen Contest. Letters like these will touch your heart.